Daytona Beach, Florida: 105-Hour Acupuncture Program
Classroom Lecture & Hands-On Demonstration / Practicer Sessions - 105-Hours / 7 weekends.
Each weekend incorporates 15 hours of instruction and is designed specifically to train chiropractors and other practicing health care providers in acupuncture.
- Focuses on the treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological pain and dysfunction.
- Participants learn how to apply the skills needed to diagnose and treat patients according to traditional acupuncture theories and diagnostic frameworks, as well as contemporary “dry-needling” style techniques.
- Clinical teaching approach: Lectures are supplemented with demonstrations, and opportunity to practice the techniques discussed in the seminar.
- Extensive lecture notes are supplied for all the seminars.
- Each weekend seminar is a fifteen-hour program, which begins on Saturday morning, and ends on Sunday afternoon.
- Doctors of chiropractic will find that our program thoroughly prepares you to sit for the NBCE Acupuncture Examination as well as the ACA Diplomate Exam.
- Approved for 105 hours of continuing Chiropractic Continuing Education Credits (CCEs) which are offered through the University of Bridgeport Health Sciences Postgraduate Education Department.
Summary Class Descriptions:
- Acupuncture: The Clinical Fundamentals: Participants learn the theories that form the basis of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine: Yin/Yang, the 5 Elements, the 8 Principles, Qi, Jing, Shen, the Zang/Fu (Organs), and Pathogenic Influences, as well as an introduction to diagnostic techniques such as reading the tongue and the radial pulse. (15 hours)
- Acupuncture Techniques Demystified: Participants learn to apply both invasive and noninvasive acupuncture treatment techniques, including clean needle technique, basic needling, laser acupuncture, cupping, guasha, & moxibustion. (15 hours)
- Acupuncture Points & Meridians I: Participants learn about half of the acupuncture meridians, and the major points on those meridians, including locations, actions & indications, needle depth & direction, and treatment techniques for each of the major points. We discuss point combinations for treating disorders ranging from pain to internal dysfunctions. (15 hours)
- Acupuncture Points & Meridians II: Participants learn the remainder of the main meridians and points of acupuncture as well as the extraordinary points and an introduction to the secondary and Extraordinary Meridians. (15 hours)
- Auricular Acupuncture and Other Microsystems: Participants learn the powerful microsystems of acupuncture that include special points on the ears, hands, and scalp, that are not found on the regular acupuncture meridians, but are particularly effective in daily practice. In addition, participants learn learn many theoretical foundations, actions and indications, and specific techniques & protocols such as post-stroke, stop-smoking, weight-loss, and addiction. (15 hours)
- Acupuncture for the Treatment of Pain: Drawing on all the previous class material Participants learn to diagnose and treat most painful conditions they are likely to run into in practice. Painful musculoskeletal, and neurological syndromes of the head, upper, mid and low back, thorax, neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands, hips, legs, ankles, and feet, are all addressed. Participants learn which acupuncture points, zonal treatments, techniques, and microsystems to select for the best results. (15 hours)
- National Board and Program Review: Participants review of the relevant clinical and didactic information needed to effectively use acupuncture in practice. This information is also the information needed to pass a national board exam in acupuncture.Case studies are introduced to illustrate and reenforce the information. (15 hours)
Seminar Scheduled Faculty:
|Daytona Beach, FL Program Schedule|
2014 - 2015
Sun 8am - 3:30pm
|1 Acupuncture: The Clinical Fundamentals||October 31 - November 1, 2015|
|2 Acupuncture Techniques Demystified||December 5 - 6, 2015|
|3 Acupuncture Points & Meridians I||January 16 - 17, 2016|
|4 Acupuncture Points & Meridians II||February 6 - 7, 2016|
|5 Auricular Acupuncture and Other Microsystems||February 20 - 21, 2016|
|6 Acupuncture for the Treatment of Pain||March 12 - 13, 2016|
|7 National Board Exam and Program Review||April 9 - 10, 2016|